Things you need to know
· Delivery: accessible on our e learning platform
· Access: you will have access to the course material for up to 4 weeks
· Log on: unique details will be sent to you after you have purchased the course
· Duration: approximately 90 minutes
· Contains: video, audio and interactive elements
· Facilitator: an experienced school senior leader
· How do I begin: as soon as you have completed the purchase you will be e mailed the link to our online learning platform where you will gain access to the course
You will cover these modules
· Module 1 – Setting the Scene. Includes: What is a Cover Supervisor? Entry requirements, Key education terminology and Types of schools.
· Module 2 – Safeguarding. Includes: What is safeguarding? What is Child Protection? How to deal with a referral and Different types of abuse.
· Module 3 – Behaviour Management. Includes: Why children misbehave? Developing positive relationships with students and Behaviour management techniques.
· Module 4 – An Effective Cover Supervisor. Includes: How to deliver an effective cover lesson, Understanding lesson plans and Useful hints and tips.
· You will be assessed by 20 multiple choice questions at the end of the course.
· On completion you will be able to gain paid work as a Cover Supervisor*
*Conditions apply e.g. suitable references of working with young people, full compliance checks and suitable job opportunities must exist.